This course includes learning about learning styles and communication-based typology personality theory. It covers the principles of active listening, attitudes, values and beliefs, as well as patient's rights and responsibilities in respect of oral health activities.
iLearn recommends that you complete the full series of training courses in this subject to ensure you have the required information to support you in this area.
Once you have completed this course, please move onto Communicating with Patients (Course 2): Patient Care & Information.
You will be presented with a short presentation followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more, you pass the course and will receive a printable certificate to place in your CPD folder. If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and retake the assessment when you feel confident.
This course includes enhanced knowledge for a learning styles approach and a communication-based typology personality rule.
- Develop enhanced listening skills
- Recognise individual patients communication needs
- Ensure that patients views are recognised and respected
- Build aspects of patient education into patient consultations
Learners will be able to:
- Define the ways that dental professionals can enhance their patients' dental experiences by developing their knowledge and understanding of how to strengthen and maintain feelings of wellbeing.
- Recognise patients' communication needs and use enhanced communication processes such as Typology theories to enable patients to make informed decisions about their treatment and home care.