This course takes an in-depth look at the responsibilities of a Fire Marshal, the regular checks required for premises, and how to react in the event of a fire. Practices should also ensure all employees complete on-site fire safety training, have a fire risk assessment, evacuation plan, and fire logbook in place.
Please be aware that the successful completion of this course does not replace the need for on-site fire safety training, nor does the course provide the delegate with the qualification to perform as either a Fire Warden or a Fire Marshal.
You will be presented with a short presentation followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more, you pass the course and will receive a printable certificate to place in your CPD folder. If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and retake the assessment when you feel confident.
The aim of this course to educate learners regarding the responsibilities of a Fire Marshal.
Learners will be able to:
- Identify the contents of a grab bag
- Identify faults with firefighting equipment
- Identify the different types of emergency lighting
- Minimise the risk of fire
The learner understands:
- What is required of a Fire Marshal
- What firefighting measure checks entail
- General fire precautions
- Actions required in the event of a fire