This course takes an in-depth look at the health and safety-related aspects of GDC Standard 1 for the dental team 'Put Patients' Interest First'.
The course centres on the importance of creating a safe and well-regulated dental environment and brings together the guidance set for dental care professionals by the General Dental Council (GDC), Care Quality Commission (CQC), the Department of Health (DoH) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
You will be presented with a presentation followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more, you pass the course and will receive a printable certificate to place in your CPD folder.
If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and take the assessment again when you feel confident.
The aim of this course is to take an in-depth look at the practical skills and knowledge that dental care professionals are required to meet. This includes the legal requirements, rules, guidance, and best practice for GDC Standard 1.
Learners will be able to:
- Recognise the requirements set by lead bodies for safety in dental environments.
- Understand the principles of decontamination and infection control.
- Outline consistent methods to safeguard dental patients.
The learner understands the:
- Requirements set by lead bodies for safety in dental environments.
- Principle of infection control measures and decontamination procedures.
- Methods used to consistently safeguard dental patients.