This course will provide the dental team who take x-rays and have other roles in the production of an x-ray image with information relating to the compliance with quality assurance and quality control in dental radiography.
It provides the following elements in compliance with schedule 3 of IR(ME)R 2017.
- Quality assurance and quality control including routine inspection and testing of equipment
Statutory Requirements and Non-Statutory Regulations
Fundamentals of Image Acquisitions
- Image formats, acquisition, processing, display, and storage
Completion of all five courses suitable for your job role complies with IR(ME)R and IRR requirements.
You will be presented with a short presentation followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more you pass the course and will receive a printable certificate to place in your CPD folder. If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and take the assessment again when you feel confident.
The aim of this course is to provide the dental team who take x-rays and have other roles in the production of an x-ray image with information relating to the quality assurance programmes with practical methods to achieve quality assurance associated with producing an x-ray image and building the Radiation Protection File.
Towards meeting requirements in the IR(ME)R 2017 - Regulation 17 (Schedule 3), IRR 2017 - Regulation 15 and the 2001 Guidance Notes for Dental Practitioners on the Safe Use of X-Ray Equipment.
Learners will be able to:
- Define Quality Assurance in a dental x-ray imaging context
- Describe key areas appropriate for quality assurance procedures to be conducted
- Identify practical methods to employ in quality assurance programmes associated with x-ray image production
- Outline the requirements for Radiation Protection File documentation
The learner understands:
- Quality Assurance in a dental x-ray imaging context
- Key areas appropriate for quality assurance procedures to be conducted
- Practical methods to employ in quality assurance programmes associated with x-ray image production
- The requirements for Radiation Protection File documentation