Level One Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults is suitable for non- clinical staff.
This course takes an in-depth look at the laws and Acts which surround safeguarding. This course provides learners with an understanding of why safeguarding measures are required.
Isopharm recommends that you complete the full series of training courses in this subject to ensure you have the required information to support you in this area.
Once you have completed this course, please move onto Safeguarding Level 1 (Part 2): Recognising the Signs of Neglect, Abuse or Harm.
You will be presented with a short presentation followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more, you pass the course and will receive a printable certificate to place in your CPD folder. If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and retake the assessment when you feel confident.
This course aims to ensure dental professionals understand the laws and Acts which surround safeguarding and to understand why safeguarding measures are required.
Learners will be able to:
- Understand the term ‘Safeguarding’
- Know the specific laws and Acts surrounding safeguarding
- Understand the GDC and CQC standards
- Understand multi-agency working
- Understand why we need safeguarding measures in place
The learner understands:
- The term ‘safeguarding’
- Specific laws and Acts surrounding safeguarding
- GDC and CQC standards
- Multi-agency working practices
- The importance of safeguarding measures