Level One Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults is suitable for non- clinical staff.
This course looks in-depth at signs of neglect, abuse and harm. The course provides learners with an understanding of the devastating effects on children, vulnerable and their families.
Isopharm recommends that you complete the full series of training courses in this subject to ensure you have the required information to support you in this area.
Once you have completed this course, please move onto Safeguarding Level 1 (Part 3): Practice Responsibilities & Procedures for Safeguarding.
You will be presented with a short presentation followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more, you pass the course and will receive a printable certificate to place in your CPD folder. If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and retake the assessment when you feel confident.
This course aims to ensure dental professionals understand how to recognise the signs of neglect, abuse or harm.
Learners will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of neglect, harm and abuse
- Define a child and a vulnerable adult
- Understand the term ‘Looked After Child’
- Understand the detrimental effects neglect, harm and abuse can have
- Understand who might get abused and who might be an abuser
The learner understands:
- Signs of neglect, harm and abuse
- The term child and vulnerable adults
- The term ‘looked after child’
- Possible detrimental effects of neglect, harm and abuse
- Who might be abused, or who might be an abuser